Discover the Best 16 Tourist Attractions in India: From the Taj Mahal to Kerala Backwaters
January 19, 2023
“Top Rated Tourist Attractions India”
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in India
India is a land of diverse cultures, religions, and traditions. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its rich history, stunning architecture, delicious food, and vibrant culture. Here are 25 top-rated tourist attractions in India:
- Taj Mahal: The Taj Mahal is one of the most iconic tourist attractions in India, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a mausoleum built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Agra Fort: Agra Fort is another popular tourist attraction in Agra, located near the Taj Mahal. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in the 16th century.
- Jaipur: Jaipur, also known as the “Pink City,” is the capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is known for its stunning architecture and historical monuments, such as the Hawa Mahal and the City Palace.
- Udaipur: Udaipur is a city in the western Indian state of Rajasthan, known for its stunning lakes, palaces, and temples. It is also known as the “City of Lakes” and the “Venice of the East.”
- Varanasi: Varanasi is a city located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, and is considered one of the most sacred cities in India. It is known for its Ghats (a series of steps leading down to the river), temples, and the Ganges River.
- Khajuraho: Khajuraho is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its beautifully carved temples that depict sensual and erotic sculptures. It is located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Hampi: Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a village in the southern Indian state of Karnataka. It is known for its stunning temples and monuments, which date back to the 14th century.
- Goa: Goa is a state located on the western coast of India, known for its beaches, nightlife, and Portuguese-colonial architecture.
- Kerala: Kerala is a state located on the southwestern coast of India, known for its backwaters, beaches, and traditional houseboats.
- Mumbai: Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is known for its Gateway of India, Marine Drive, and the Bollywood film industry.
- Delhi: Delhi, the capital city of India, is known for its historical monuments, such as the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, and the Lotus Temple.
- Kolkata: Kolkata, also known as Calcutta, is the capital city of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is known for its colonial-era architecture, such as Victoria Memorial and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Amritsar: Amritsar is a city in the northern Indian state of Punjab, known for the Golden Temple, one of the most important religious sites for the Sikh community.
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan is a state located in the northern part of India, known for its deserts, palaces, and forts.
- Darjeeling: Darjeeling is a town located in the Indian state of West Bengal, known for its tea gardens and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands located in the Bay of Bengal